Announcement on matters related to the supervision and management of label inspection of import and export pre-packaged foods
In order to implement the State Council's requirements for deepening the reform of “distribution service”and further improve the efficiency of customs clearance at the port, the “Food Safety Law of the People's Republic of China” and its implementation regulations, the “Import and Export Commodity Inspection Law of the People's Republic of China” and its implementation regulations and other laws and regulations It is stipulated that the relevant matters concerning the supervision and administration of label inspection of import and export pre-packaged foods are as follows:
1. Since October 1, 2019, the requirements for the registration of the first imported prepackaged food label have been cancelled. The imported pre-packaged food label is one of the food inspection items, and is inspected by the Customs in accordance with the laws and administrative regulations of food safety and import and export commodity inspection.
2. The importer shall be responsible for reviewing whether the Chinese label of the imported prepackaged food meets the requirements of relevant laws, administrative regulations and food safety national standards in China. If the audit is unqualified, it may not be imported.
3. If the imported pre-packaged food is to be inspected on site or in laboratory, the importer shall submit to the customs officers the certificate of conformity, the original and translated parts of the imported pre-packaged food, the Chinese label sample and other supporting materials.
4. If the Customs receives the notification from the relevant department and the consumer reports that the imported pre-packaged food label is suspected of violating the relevant provisions, it shall be verified and, once confirmed, disposed of according to law.
5. Entry supervision, samples, tax-exempt operations (excluding tax exemption from the island), self-use by embassies and consulates, passengers, and pre-packaged food labeling by mail, express mail, cross-border e-commerce, etc., shall be implemented in accordance with relevant regulations.
6. Export pre-packaged food production enterprises shall ensure that the pre-packaged food labels they export meet the standards or contract requirements of the importing country (region).
VII. Announcement on Adjusting the Approval System for Import and Export Food and Cosmetic Labels (Original Inspection and Quarantine Bureau No. 44 Announcement 2006), Announcement on the Operation of Imported Prepackaged Food Label Management System (Original Quality Inspection General Administration, 2011) Announcement No. 59), Announcement on Implementing the Regulations on the Supervision and Administration of Label Inspection of Import and Export Prepackaged Foods (Original General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, No. 27 of 2012) has been abolished since October 1, 2019, and has been filed for import. Prepackaged food label information is also void.